Glucose Screening Menu
Remember not to eat anything after midnight the night before. Eat exactly what is on your menu, nothing more, nothing less (for example, no chocolate in your milk). You must ingest the breakfast (50 grams of carbs) by whatever meal you decide within 15 minutes. Then you will have your blood drawn one hour later for accurate results.
Choose One of the following:
- 2 eggs (you may salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 slices of whole wheat toast or one english muffin
- 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil
- 8 oz of milk (anything from whole to skim)
- 4 oz of real orange juice
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread or one english muffin
- 2 Tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- ½ block of tofu
- 8 ounces of real orange juice
- 4 level tablespoons of sugar in water
- Unsweetened real lemon juice may be added to taste
Ten Moons Midwifery proudly supports the following organizations. If you would like to partner with us, please contact us.